Thursday, June 25, 2009

In Photo Heaven

Some of my homework today was to try and capture 4 different styles of photography while in Sherwood Forest and the following are my best attempts at it.

First challenge was to capture something picturesque. This photo does it for me because it uses some standard protocol for good aesthetic. It has a slightly high horizon line and good depth of field.

The second challenge was to capture something Romantic. This tree lying breathless on the forest floor decaying away into its surrounding was most Romantic.

The third challenge was the sublime and I have two different ones picked out because in one I found the classical representation of God the Father in light from the Heavens. In the second I found the sublime because it's so intricate and minute that I was in aw of how it has been formed and design. How beautiful even the smallest detail, it kinda overwhelmed me.

The fourth and final was to interpret Modernism. So I chose one of the road makers in a juxtaposition with the natural greenery in the background. The image in the foreground is a tree that has been cut down to serve man the others exist naturally.

3 comments:

  1. I love your photos, Tasha. I have to study them, let them seep into my consciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful My favorite is the close up on the log,at least that's what I think it is. I love that it's so abstract as to what it can be. It shows how nature is so beautiful and mixed together, because it almost looks like a liquid or like dirt or anything. I don't know if I explained that well but I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love your modern photo. It is beautiful, and it shows the contrast of the modern aesthetic in a natural setting. It communicates how, if the modern is sensitive enough, it can still fit into the natural world.

    ReplyDelete